HPC-09 v6 - Lean Save / Reduce Factors
Lean Production, or simply "Lean" defines the Seven Wastes denoted by the Japanese term "Muda".
The Seven Wastes are:
- Does not make any transformation to the product that the consumer is willing to pay for.
- Represents a capital outlay that has not yet produced an income.
- Refers to the damage that the production process inflicts on the entity that creates the product.
- Whenever goods are not in transport or being processed, they are waiting.
- Occurs any time more work is done on a piece than is required by the customer.
- Occurs when more product is produced than is required at that time by your customers.
- Whenever defects occur, extra costs are incurred reworking the part, rescheduling production etc.
The wastes may be remembered by the first letters as: TIMWOOD.
While HPC-09 v6 cannot alleviate your production plant from all these wastes, it can certainly help in areas where there currently are no tools to help out with the following:
Which may be remembered as DOW (as in DOW Jones). And just as the DOW in DOW Jones, reducing these DOW wastes spells money!
Lean Manufacturing Support is made possible through HPC-09 v6's Accurate Predictions.
HPC-09 v6 reducing Defects
Some incidents that creates waste are:
- Cutting the strands (tendons, wire) before the concrete has reached the necessary strength.
- HPC-09 v6 reduces this risk to a minimum by accurately calculating the strength in real-time, and Detecting if the Concrete Mix is OK. Fore more information read our article: "Can Maturity Calculations be Trusted?".
- The slab (element) develops cracks caused by high internal temperature gradients.
- HPC-09 v6 reduces the tendency to crack by calculating the Minimum Pouring Temperature and Bed Heat necessary to meet the Target Strength in the Targeted Curing Time!
- Loss of humidity causing parts of the slab to be only partially cured.
- HPC-09 v6 constantly monitors the Relative Humidity under the Bed Covering which makes it easy to detect faulty Bed Coverings or neglecting to cover the bed as soon as possible
HPC-09 v6 reducing Over-processing
Without tools to calculate the necessary Pouring Temperature and Bed Heat, excessive amounts of Cement, Bed Heat or Pouring Temperature is used.
HPC-09 v6 accurately calculates the Minimum Pouring Temperature, and the amount of Bed Heating needed (may be 0!).
Unstable Concrete Equipment may even cause unintended use of excessive amounts of cement. HPC-09 v6 will reveal such problems as the Measured Temperature development (green graph) will consistently be higher than the Predicted Temperature development (red graph). Read more about HPC-09 v6 Discrepancy Detection.
HPC-09 v6 reducing Waiting
Extra curing time is another used way of ensuring that the concrete has reached the Target Strength. Better safe than sorry!
Again, utilizing HPC-09 v6 technology you will not have to wait more than necessary as long as your Concrete Mix is reasonably stable!
You can read more about how HPC-09 helps improving Production Economy at this link.